F6F-5 Hellcat, White 115 “Death ‘n Destruction”/BuNo 72534 . VF-83, Η.Π.Α. Έσσεξ, Μάιος 1945

Eduard with the F6F gave us a very nice kit. Fairly complete, with minimal flaws in the mold. When I got my hands on it, I wanted to upgrade! Eduard’s F6F beyond the kit upgrades. There is nothing else on the market. All Detail sets are for the Hasegawa kit. Which falls far behind as a kit. Having Verlinden’s enhancer.
I measured it and it fit. So I kept the kit cowl and swapped the motor from my stock one. The next thing I did. It was to cut the wing, having the plans, how (they fold the wings)
The construction is quite difficult, because we will have to build the entire wheelhouse from scratch. Although in essence what I did. It is a hinge that joins the two parts. Scaled.
The color is Gloss Sea Blue (FS 35042) by Model Master. Which I passed in three levels. First I opened it with a little white and went over the studs, on the wings. The second coat was matte and the last coat, I added minimal red and did the panels with a fine needle.
The planes operating from an aircraft carrier did not have much damage. They stayed relatively clean so I only washed with Raw Umber oil. The exhaust was done with H 343 Soot and over the top I went over the first half with a very light one and the rest with Model Master 1706 Sand FS-33531. Brown 155 matt by Humbrol.
The build was completed by placing Eduard : US Navy Aircraft Carrier Deck 8802. The crew is from the Verlinden 1/48 US Navy Carrier Flight Deck Crew WWII set and the tractors are from TAMYIA.

Related posts

Curtis SO3C Seamew

F-102 DELTA DAGGER MENG HAF

F-15 Strike Eagle BAZ “TWIN TAIL SQUADRON” IDF AF

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Read More