Mirage 2000 EGM / BGM

Mirage 2000 EGM / BGM

Mirage 2000 EGM/BGM All Weather Interceptor. The Mirage 2000 is a French-built single-seat, single-engine, delta-wing, multi-role, all-weather combat aircraft. It joined the arsenal of the P.A. in 1988 with the “Talos” Contract, under which 40 aircraft were purchased. Between 1988 and 1992, 36 Mirage 2000 EGMs and 4 two-seat Mirage 2000 BGMs were delivered to the PA. It is the first PA fighter to have an automatic electronic flight control system. Its electronics include two main computers, an inertial navigation system and a digital data transfer unit. It also has the integrated self-protection system ICMS 2000 that shields the aircraft from threats that come from both the air and the ground. It has the ability to carry a wide variety of weapon systems. Greek Mirage 2000s can be armed with Super 530/ Matra Magic air-to-air missiles. They are mainly used in interception missions, but also against ships using AM-39 EXOCET missiles. The aircraft are based at 114 Fighter Wing at Tanagra and belong to 332 Squadron with the callsign ‘Hawk’. The Greek Mirage 2000s have a blue and gray two-color variant. Engine: by pass turbofan SNECMA M53 P2 jet engine with afterburner/Thrust: 9.8 tons (21,400 pounds) Maximum speed: 2,530 km per hour or Mach 2.2 Joined the force of the P.A. in 1988 and was the first 3rd generation fighter in Greece. It continues the glorious tradition of the Mirage F-1CG and offers air superiority in the Aegean. At the same time, the combination of Mirage 2000 and Exocet constitutes a special force multiplier for the PA. It is based at 114PM in Tanagra and is assigned to the 332nd All Weather Squadron “GERAKI”. This is the anniversary of the squadron for its 25 years of presence from 1985 – 2010.

A few words about the kit:
.My favorite PA aircraft has always been the mirage 2000EGM so I decided to build it. But I wanted to make the 332 Squadron 25 year anniversary so my 1st step was decals for the vertical fixed. Then some improvements I used: Exhaust system by Aires, Eject, Cockpit and finally 2 Exoset AM39. I used Kinetic’s kit in 1/48 scale, a kit that didn’t bother me at all I would say in its application with very good detail. My 1st step was to do a light repainting of the entire plane since I wasn’t going to accentuate the lettering as it is relatively “clean”. My 2nd step the cockpit with some extra cables that I placed to make it look more realistic. With a lot of work inside it like the cables and the HAD display being my work.

So I continued with painting the aircraft and there, I used Humbrol 127 enamel
for the grey. As for the blue, I also used Colourcoats Royal Navy RN 16 enamel. In the wheel wells I also put my little hand there with some extra cables. Then Gunze gloss polish as always. Series decals with first and best in vertical fixed. I put a tank in the “belly” of it with lots of runs of fuel which was from AK 2039 oils. Then some runs and some dirt on the belly of the plane and these were also done with Raw Umber & Lamp Black & AK 2039 paint oils. it was painted with Alclad metallic paints and with a lot of emphasis on its extraction it was painted black and then I sprayed some powder very diluted inside it. With a drybrush a little silver and in some places brioche The final satin varnish and that of Gunze. Inside the engine. I dusted with MR Hobby RW 01 brown powder. Armament: Two aires Exocet AM39 missiles, one in each wing, and two Matra magic again in the wings.

The two Mirage 2000s of 332 Squadron were conducting a one-on-one aerial combat exercise at noon on Monday, May 29, 2017, when one of the two fighter jets was damaged.”239″ The area of the exercise known to the two pilots: The maritime area of the Sporades used by the fliers in the fighter squadrons of the 114th Fighter Wing at Tanagra for daily training.
He was the pilot in formation number 2, who at some point during the dogfight – during which the fighter’s systems are working to their limits – realized that the Mirage 2000’s engine was not working properly. The time was 12:18. “By 99% there was a problem with the engine which probably “fired”” says an Air Force officer.
The 28-year-old Mirage 2000 pilot reports that he has a breakdown and is using the ejection seat. He abandons the fighter aircraft successfully and is in the sea shortly after. Wherever it was collected. The lifting of the wreckage of the aircraft, from a depth of up to 580 meters. For the investigation, the cause of the fall of the Fighter. They were completed a few days later. The article is dedicated to the 114th Fighter Wing

Related posts

Curtis SO3C Seamew

F-102 DELTA DAGGER MENG HAF

F-15 Strike Eagle BAZ “TWIN TAIL SQUADRON” IDF AF

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Read More