XF4u-4 Corsair (80759)spin test 1944.(TAMIYA 1\48) By Yiannis Mitzas

The TAMIYA kit was an one way option for 1/48 as there is no decent kit for the F4u-4 version. Fortunately the CMK Executive Company releases the 4064 F4u-4 Corsair -conversion set for Tamiya kit which is quite good for the conversion. It includes the entire front part of the engine accessories The fuselage has a very good relief in the wheel arches. The cockpit is complete plus the improved cover. It has four tabs with decals. The only drawback is the application at the end of the wings, as you can see in the photo. Needs puttying. For more information https://modelingmadness.com/others/conversions/petersoncmk4064.htm Additionally I purchased a Pratt & Whitney R-2800-42W resin motor from the Details set Quickboost 48421 Engine
The construction, I wanted to be as it was in 1944-1945.
I installed a Verlinden resin parachute from a set I had from pilots. At the end of the spindle, I cut the rudders to give more movement.
I lowered the hook and placed the Jatos on the spindle. The Jato comes from a TAMIYA F-84. 

Painting: After doing the rivets, I primed the kit with a Vallejo Surface Gray.
I should note here that the aircraft was never mounted on the front.
It was kept in a closed place and its use was limited
That made it a clean and well maintained Corsair. I chose to to lighten the paint to match its use. I tried Alclad’s Aluminum ALC-101 and gave it an opportunity.
The second step was to apply the U.S. Navy Blue US-08 by COLOURCOATS ,in the center of the panel and at the tops of the fuselage. For the perimeter of the panel I chose the U.S. Navy Deck Blue US-10. This series of colors is absolutely accurate, with the colors of that season.
The yellow and red are from Tamiya XF-3 & XF-7. The black ace, in the engine, was done with masking. This was followed by a local scraping with an old scraper to bring out the aluminum under the paint. The passing kit, Clear H-30 MR Hobby varnish. I placed the emblems and mixed 50/50 H-20 & H-30 polishes to make it semi-glossy. It washed up with AK 2076 and AK 2073

Related posts

Curtis SO3C Seamew

F-102 DELTA DAGGER MENG HAF

F-15 Strike Eagle BAZ “TWIN TAIL SQUADRON” IDF AF

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Read More