F-104G Starfighter ARAXOS 336MDB OLYMPOS

F-104G Starfighter s/n 7415

A very good Hasegawa kit on a 1/48 scale. Very good in detail, both in the shaft and its wings, but not in the nests of the wheels in the landing system. Of course it does not give you much room to think about its “configuration” because the kit provides you with just the two fuel tanks.
My first thoughts were to decide on the variation and the s / n I would use if I had decided not to use the decals for the “OLYMPUS” provided by the kit. Next step to buy some improvements like: cockpit, ejection seat, radar, electronic box (behind the cockpit), firebox, electronic box and finally engine.

Construction:

As always in this model I started from the cockpit making sure that it fits correctly with the fuselage, just like the electronic box behind the cockpit. The resins wanted a little dude to stay well in place. Then some details I added internally to his cover from the photoetched of CMK.Continue with the ejected resin seat in very good detail. I had to put my hand on creating the seat belts and straps of masking tape and of course some of the photoetched fuses.

Next step is to open the doors to the right and to the left of the shaft as well as to the bottom and rear of the engine. Continue to test and install the resin veneer refineries as well as CMK’s engine and radar. After the row was placed, the nests of the wheels took place. There the detail was modest and so I had to put my hand there as of course I had as a “driver” some real photos. So I needed to add a lot of cables to show how realistic it is. Then the small part of the engine was painted first with a black Gunze and then with Alclad’s metal. 1o: alc-101 aluminum, 2nd: alc-111 magnesium and finally alc-118 gold titanium.

Next step is the closing of the shaft consisting of the two main pieces and of course the two wings. With very good application to all parts of the kit without mocking me. Finishing with the assembly I used Gunze liquid stucco, was rubbed and a recharging took place at some points that had been covered by the stucco. It then took the landing system and the nests after having painted a black of Gunze and then Alclad’s basic alc-101 aluminum. The two doors (right and left at the height of the door) were taken. cockpit). Both doors were painted with the Gunze H306 as well as the radar base.
The radar cone was naturally rubbed and some plastic sheets came inside to add an extra detail as the radar would be open. Finally I chose the nozzle that had the kit with extra extra details from extra rivets I did. And this was originally painted both internally and externally with Gunze’s black H12 matte and then externally with alc-101 aluminum and a bit of alc-111 magnesium to show the metal burned.

Painting:

Gunze enamel colors were used for the variation of the aircraft: H311, H310, H309 and H303. Initially, after the entire aircraft was passed through the white primer of vajeho company and then a preshadeing I started the painting with the bottom of the aircraft with the H311. Series took the first color version H310 naturally opened 20% with H311 of the same company.
After painting the first color ..I began to mask with bluetak to get the second color of the H309 variant, and it was 20% unopened with H311 and once again I went through a bluetak spray and the last color of the H303 variant was also 20% unopened.
Finally series had some “illuminations” on the spindle with each color separately being unopened about 40-50%. The wear and tear on the whole plane as well as on the wings were made with mig oil and woodcarving. Also used” Icarus decals”
  Finally, Gunze varnishes were used with the finished matt varnish diluted with pure alcohol. The selection of the tanks was different in variation.But before painting, they first went through Alclad’s alc-101 aluminum with the “lac” technique to take a turn. So spray the paint with a lacquer and last the basic color. The one with the Gunze H309 and the second with the Humbrol 128 orange enamel is a mix (H3 red, H4 yellow and very little white of the same company). Finally, another technique was worked, both were brushed with a toothbrush (with great care) to show more realistic.

Related posts

Curtis SO3C Seamew

F-102 DELTA DAGGER MENG HAF

F-15 Strike Eagle BAZ “TWIN TAIL SQUADRON” IDF AF

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Read More