F-16C Viper  505

F-16 C Viper STAR 60th Anniversary 343 Fighter Squadron Hellenic Air Force Tamiya 1:48

I was lucky enough to study this F-16 ‘505’ up close on its mount. In the 115th Fighter Wing in Souda. The star in the vertical fixed was designed by a group of friends for its 60 years of operation. On Friday, July 24, 2015, in the presence of the Chief of Tactical Aviation, Lieutenant General (I) Christos Christodoulou, the celebration of the 60th anniversary of the establishment of the 343rd Assault Squadron (343M), in the 115th Fighter Wing, took place at the Souda air base, in Chania Crete.. 505 is also the third F 16 Viper in the series. I had the idea to build a Greek F 16 a long time ago. Star 505 was the most beautiful choice.

Kit is 1:48 Tamiya F-16C (Block 25/32) Fighting Falcon ANG #61101

About the model
The model represents the F-16C [Block 25/32].
The new parts accurately reproduce the correct engine nozzle and smaller air intake corresponding to Pratt & Whitney-powered F-16s.
The main landing gear and gear well covers are also shown with new components.
Wing reinforcement plates for Block 32 recreated with decals.
The extensive weapon set features AIM-9L/M and AIM-9X sidewires, AIM-120 AMRAAM, wing and centerline fuel tanks, and a LITENING II targeting pod.
The new parts for GBU-12 laser guidance bombs have clear parts that depict the laser guidance package for a more realistic finish.
New layout racks on the wings precisely match their respective weapons.
Includes 1 pilot figure and 3 sets of US National Guard insignia.
About F-16C Block 25/32

The F-16 has become one of the most widely used fighter jets in the world and as such has undergone a number of upgrades throughout its life with various air forces. The Block 25 entered service in 1984 and featured upgraded radar and cockpit electronics. The Block 32 was the first upgrade affected by a program to use different engines in the F-16 and continued to use Pratt & Whitney engines, while the Block 30 used engines made by General Electric. The Block 32 has been upgraded to carry a wide range of weapons, including the LITENING II laser targeting pod, which enables precision strike capability with laser-guided bombs.

Externally, the TAMIYA kit converts quite easily to Block 52+ and all HAF Greek F16 versions as well as the final Viper disarmament.

F-16 detail set

AWC-MODEL A48-28 Genral Dynamics F-16 C/D Block 52 – Tailcone with Drag Chute and CFT (for Tamiya kits) I also recommend Grandmodels set F-16C CFT SKU: PGM48008

Eduard Brassin F-16CJ Block 52 Falcon Engine Set (TAM Kit) #648004

Hellenic Air Force Vipers Part 1 – 1:48 decals for F-16C/D Block52+ and block52M in Greek service Zeus Projects HAF F-16

Construction

I had decided to set up the F-16 with the caliper closed and not step on its wheels. That way, the whole set would be visible.

I placed inside the central tank. A strong wire, which I glued with polyester glue. With this conversion, the F-16 would give us the impression that it is flying

Generally the colors are known. I chose the Hellenic Air Force, F-16, F-4 Ghost Camouflage Scheme. Mr Paint colors and the special HAVE Glass – Special Matt Varnish.

Weather conditions

AK2037
EXHAUST STAIN SET (AIR SERIES)

AK AIR Weathering AK 2039 KEROSENE LEAKS AND STAINS

The star on the vertical constant was the only problem. Today it exists as decals from Air Force F-16 Squadrons. Manufacturer: Model Building Stickers Code Number: D48137

I did it by hand, with inexhaustible black..
Aegean Ghost

FS 35237 Aegean Ghost Blue Grey
FS 36251 Aegean Ghost Grey
FS 35164 Aegean Blue
FS 36375 Aegean Delta Grey
FS-36270 Medium Grey
FS-36307 Light Grey

Related posts

Curtis SO3C Seamew

F-102 DELTA DAGGER MENG HAF

F-15 Strike Eagle BAZ “TWIN TAIL SQUADRON” IDF AF

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Read More