RF-4E Phantom II / 110AM – 348 MTA Hellenic Air Force

RF-4E Phantom II / 110AM – 348 MTA Hellenic Air Force

I started this Phantom with the idea of making it as realistic as possible. So I got the Hasegawa kit in 1/48 scale with the following improvements: engine ports, cockpit + eject, flaps + slats. I would say that the kit did not make it particularly difficult for me to apply the pieces.
Some extra cables were added to the cockpit to make it look as real as possible!!
The resin casts were painted with Alclad metallics2…
What needed more work was that I had to cut the flaps and slats from scratch so that the new trims would fit. Also the cockpit had a perfect fit with the rest of the kit apart from some small interventions of my own. A redraw of the aircraft alignment and rivets was done from scratch to give a real aircraft alignment. As for the nests in the landing gear some extra wires were placed to make it as realistic as possible. For painting the aircraft I used Gunze acrylic paints. I wanted to highlight the damage of the aircraft and so I did some lighting in some places… The “dirt” on the wings and all over the fuselage was worked with a brush and paper with AK wash. For the tanks I chose the “varnish” technique so that their wear and tear looks more realistic.
I then worked with a brush and AK “oils” to make the run-off fuel look as real as possible… The exhausts were painted with Alclad2 metallics in three different colors. The decals used are from Icarus as are the Stencils. Finally I used varnishes also from Gunze

Related posts

Curtis SO3C Seamew

F-102 DELTA DAGGER MENG HAF

F-15 Strike Eagle BAZ “TWIN TAIL SQUADRON” IDF AF

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Read More