P-47D Thunderbolt, John S. Lolos “Naughty Nadine” 

P-47D-3-RA Thunderbolt, 42-22607, Naughty Nadine LIEUTENANT (I) JOHN LOLOS 341st FS, 348th FG

TAMIYA 1/48 Republic P-47D Thunderbolt 

When the book of my friend Dimitris Vassilopoulos fell into my hands. (Greeks in foreign cockpits) I saw for the first time the P-47 of John Lolos.For several months I was looking for everything to be able to make a model of John Lolos’ P-47.
In my observations I found a series of detailed gyros from the P-47 D..First there was the P-47D-3-RA Thunderbolt Which brought the name “Naughty Nadine”aircraft code number, 36 Another detail I spotted on the P-47 was “Destroyed 5 enemy fighters in aerial combat”. The Japanese flags, Victory outside the cockpit  .It has two flags with white and one red circle in the center and three others with the rays.

Another difference I spotted was the tank below the fuselage.An Australian company has built a custom tank for the P-47s that fought in the Pacific Ocean. This group had some of the most beautiful ones (200 gallon drip tank ) I converted it from the Drop Tank, 100-gallon, for P-47 Thunderbolts in kit.Today it exists in 3D printing. 

I installed copper wires to the motor.I wanted from the beginning not to make too many interventions.My goal was to present it as it was in the photos I had in my archive .

paint

Olive drab MRP-139
Oliver drape MRP-138

Light gray MRP-134

Insignia white MRP-135

Insignia red MRP-002

Cockpit

Medium green MRP-140 Interior green MRP-131

Wheels nests

Zinc chromate primer MRP-129

Weather conditions

AK2071
PANELINER FOR BROWN AND GREEN CAMOUFLAGE

AK2072
PANELINER FOR GRAY AND BLUE CAMOUFLAGE

Ρainting oils

Ivory Black & Raw Umber

Figures

Verlinden 1/48 USAAF Fighter Aircraft Pilots II WW

ICM 48083 USAAF Pilots and Ground Crew WW2

Diorama

AK8021
SOIL LIGHT SOIL
AK8020
SOIL DESERT SAND

https://forum.gmodelart.com/p-47d-3-ra-thunderbolt-42-22607-naughty-nadine-lieutenant-i-john-lolos-341st-fs-348th-fg/

Related posts

Curtis SO3C Seamew

F-102 DELTA DAGGER MENG HAF

F-15 Strike Eagle BAZ “TWIN TAIL SQUADRON” IDF AF

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Read More